Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 4, 2011

Mighty Meals

I am pretty sure that one of the things I have waited for my entire life, is to cut sandwiches into little triangle sized pieces as well as cookie cutter shapes for my child. That time has finally arrived. Lillian Grace has moved up to cream cheese and fruit spread sandwiches. You may think this sounds weird, but I am in the process of finding things I can feed to my toothless (except for the little tiny one that is poking its head through the bottom gum) child that works well on bread and is not peanut butter.

She loves cream cheese and will eat it on just about anything. I have been able to spread different flavors of fruit onto the sandwiches as well...anything from mango butter, to blackberry jam. And although she has to gum the little triangular sandwiches, she does a fantastic job at devouring them!

Another favorite? The antioxidant rich blueberry! I am sure it won't be long until our daughter takes on the characteristics of Violet from Willy Wonka...

...based on Lily's daily consumption of this fantastic berry. Did you know that they are also an excellent source of fiber and vitamin C?

A weekend breakfast consisting of her daddy's homemade waffles, blueberries and strawberries.

A mid afternoon snack of fruit salad: raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, and pineapples.

...and the ever popular cream cheese and fruit spread sandwich, with strawberries. Lillian gets most of her veggies mixed with some sort of rice or pasta and mixed with a pureed carrot to sweeten it up. She LOVES cold carrots (after they have been steamed) and chicken & veggie quesadillas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

..



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones